domingo, 9 de junio de 2013

assignment 6.1 - alpha prototype

[ the gap ]

An addition to my table that allows me to switch the use of the table instantly, adapting to my needs even if they are constantly changing.

[ images/photos/ things I'm working on ]


system explanation


[ explanation of the prototype ]

This week I did further research on how the table would work. Since it is a big artifact and I don't have the physical tools to build a prototype, I am working with the digital tools I'm used to.
So this week instead of building an Alpha prototype, I redefined and readjust my design with plans and drawings of how it is going to be built for next week's prototype.

For the structure, I designed telescopic steel bars that will allow the table to grow or get smaller in two directions. This is also why I had the need of investigation movements in two different directions (stretch, pull...).
I came up with the idea of re-using the structure of a steel table mat, but in the whole table top. The image above is a reference of how it would work in the short axis, but you can see it better defined in the plans I've also uploaded.
In the long axis of the table, I will just have different layers of this "stretching structure", and through the telescopic bars it will be possible to expand the table and adjust it in a fixed way.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario